The Chesapeake Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club Performance Award program is intended to stimulate interest in and encourage participation of Cardigans in the many performance activities available to them.
- This award is available only to dogs that are owned or co-owned by a CCWCC member.
- The dog must be registered with the AKC
- Members must submit an application with the dog’s titles or qualifying scores.
- The award will be announced once a year at the December meeting and will be presented at that time or will be mailed in a timely manner if the owner is unable to attend that meeting.
- Applications must be received on or before November 16th. If an award or title is earned after that date, it will be considered for the next year’s award if the proper application is filed..
- Certificates will be awarded in each event which shall include:
- Lure Coursing
- Points may be earned from participation in AKC events..
- There shall also be an award for the dog that has scored the most points in multiple events. This award shall be called The Chesapeake Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club Top Performance Dog Award.
- At the discretion of the committee there may also be Special Recognition awards for dogs who have achieved recognition above and beyond the scope of our regular awards. Owners are responsible for apprising the committee of such an achievement.
The point system is as follows:
For Agility, Herding, Lure Coursing, Obedience and Rally
- Qualifying Score/Run = 1 point
- Qualifying Score + 4th place = 2 points
- Qualifying Score + 3rd place = 3 points
- Qualifying Score + 2nd place = 4 points
- Qualifying Score + 1st place = 5 points
- Title = 6 points
- HT = 2 points
- PT = 3 points
- HS = 4 points
- HI = 5 points
- HX = 6 points
- CA = 3 points
- CAA = 4 points
- CAX = 5 points
- TD = 6 points
- TDX = 8 points
- VST = 10 points
Championships in any performance event and a UDX shall be awarded 10 points. RAE shall be awarded 8 points. High in Trial in any event shall be awarded an additional 2 points.
To receive a copy by mail, contact:
410 Winton Ave
Easton, MD 21601
Click on image for full size version or here for PDF of the 2015 Performance Award.