ANNUAL BREED AND OBEDIENCE FUN MATCH
Saturday, March 25, 2017- CTA Training Center-Davidsonville
Click HERE for PDF version.
BREED JUDGE– Anne Taylor
Puppy Classes- 4-6, 6-9, 9-12, 12-18 months Adult- American Bred, Open
Please note that AKC regulations prohibit an entry of any champion of record.
Best Puppy—–Best Adult—– Best in Match
OBEDIENCE JUDGE– Dallas Bolen
Award– High Score in Match
Registration from 9:30-10:30 AM. ($8.00/class)
New This Year – Shawn Michael will be offering a handling class from 10:30 to 11:00- Free
Obedience classes to begin at 11:00 followed by lunch at noon with a general meeting at 12:30.
Conformation classes will begin at 1:00PM.
WE WILL HAVE SOME VERY NICE PRIZES!
We would like to encourage our “pet” Cardis to “try their paws” at subnovice obedience. All of the exercises are on lead. If your dog has had a basic obedience class and knows basic commands you will have no trouble. The exercises are as follows:
- Stand for an examination by the judge( Handler tells the dog to stay and then walks to the end of the six foot lead. Judge touches the dog. Handler returns to the dog.)
- Heel on leash( Dog moves by the handler’s side and sits when the handler stops.)
- Figure 8 on leash ( The dog will perform a figure eight around two people standing eight feet apart.)
- Recall ( Handler tells the dog to stay, walks to the end of the leash and then calls him/her. Dog sits in front and then is told to go to the heel position.)
The next two exercises are performed as a group.
- Sit and stay for I minute ( Dog sits and is told to stay. Handler walks to the end of the leash and faces the dog. At the end of 1 minute the handler returns to the dog.)
- Down and stay for 3 minutes( Dog lies down and is told to stay. Handler walks to the end of the leash and faces the dog. At the end of 3 minutes the handler returns to the dog.)
The Novice Level is a bit more difficult and would be great practice for those considering showing their dogs in an AKC Obedience event.
- Heel On Lead and Figure 8
- Stand for examination ( off lead)
- Heel free ( off lead)
- Recall ( off lead)
- Long sit ( off lead)
- Long down ( off lead)
THIS IS A MATCH! THE GOAL IS TO HAVE FUN WHILE SHOWING YOUR DOG!
ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT MATCH CHAIRPERSON- JAN